Develop Your Skills Through Sports
Led by academy director, Gareth Murray, students will have the opportunity to develop individual skills and learn vital team concepts through daily training sessions, including drills designed to challenge professional athletes to find their potential.
More about the Rocks Academy
The Glasgow Rocks Academy helps young talented players to combine academics and sport, allowing them to develop their education at Glasgow Kelvin College while being involved in a high-performance basketball environment. Training will include a variety of team training sessions, individual skill development, and strength and conditioning programmes.
The Academy provides a performance platform and multiple pathways towards various avenues including; higher education (university study), employment opportunities, or professional basketball. Glasgow Kelvin College offers various courses at the Springburn Campus, which allows for you to have an active choice in your academic pathway as you develop your basketball skills.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
List of GKC Vocational courses subject areas are listed below:
- Electrical Installations
- Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
- Care & Administrative Practice
- Early Years Educational and Childcare
- Business and Administration
- Computing and Digital Media
- Youth Work
- Access to Sport, fitness and outdoor education
- Sport and Fitness: Games and Sports
- Sports and Fitness: Fitness, Health and Exercise
- Sport and Fitness: Outdoor Education
- Sport and Fitness: Football Studies
GKC ask that at application stage to the Glasgow Rocks Academy, all interested parties identify
- First Choice subject Area
- Second Choice subject area
Successful candidates will have an information session at GKC to explore subject area of choice with expert advice on hand to help make a suitable vocational course and level choice.